Business Online Banking Agreement
This Agreement sets forth the terms of the Business Online Banking services (“Services”) that “Atlantic Stewardship Bank” (“us”, “we” and “Bank”) makes available to its customers (“you”). By applying for any Services, you agree to be bound by these terms. Your use of any Service will be additional evidence of your agreement to these terms.
- Services. We will notify you when the Services you request will become available to you. If you request additional Services in the future, they will also be governed by this Agreement, unless we advise you otherwise.
- Equipment. You are responsible for providing and maintaining any equipment that is necessary for the Services, such as telephones, terminals, modems and computers. You agree to use equipment that is compatible with our programs, systems and equipment, which we may change from time to time. We assume no responsibility for the defects or incompatibility of any computers or software that you use in connection with the Services, even if we have previously approved their use. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN LAW OR IN FACT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR OF MERCHANTABILITY, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, OR ANY COMPUTER PROGRAMS, EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU.
- Accounts. Your application may list certain Bank accounts that you wish to access with the Services. If it includes the accounts of your parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, you warrant that they have authorized you to access their accounts through the Services in the same manner as your own accounts. You agree to provide us with their written authorization, in form and substance acceptable to us, evidencing that authority, and to notify us immediately in writing of any change to that authorization.
You will need to designate certain accounts for specific purposes in connection with some of the Services. If you link more than one checking account to our wire or ACH Services, for example, you will need to specify the account from which transfers should be made.
You will appoint an individual (an “Administrator”) with the authority to determine who will be authorized to use the Services on your behalf. Your Administrator can establish separate security codes for you and each user, as well as limits on each user’s authority to access information and conduct transactions. You assume sole responsibility for the actions of your Administrator, the authority he or she gives others to act on your behalf, and the actions of the persons designated by the Administrator to use the Services.
You or your Administrator will need to designate which accounts will be utilized for Service payments and transfers. If your Administrator designates an account that requires more than one signature for the withdrawal or transfer of funds, you agree that we may act upon any Service instruction that is accompanied by the security code(s) designated by you or your Administrator for that account and the Service in question. Note: This may mean that we will act upon the instruction of only ONE person (e.g., to wire funds), even though the signature card for the account in question requires two or more signatures on checks. As long as an instruction is accompanied by the designated security codes, the transaction will be deemed authorized by you.
- Fees. You agree to pay us the fees we establish for each of the Services. See attached schedule B for details. These fees will be charged directly to your account with us as specified under Schedule B. We may amend our Service pricing from time to time. Certain prices are subject to change without prior notice. Special or additional Services performed at your request will be subject to such additional terms and fees as you and we may agree. If your accounts with us are analyzed, you may be able to use your available earnings credit to offset certain Service charges.
In addition to the Service fees, you agree to pay for all taxes, tariffs and assessments levied or imposed by any government agency in connection with the Services, this Agreement, and/or the software or equipment made available to you (excluding any income tax payable to us). You also are responsible for the costs of any communication lines and any data processing charges payable to third parties.
- Access to Account Data. Some of the Services provide you with balance and other account information. Since certain information and transactions are not processed by us until after the close of our business day, some transactions may not be reflected in the system until the next banking day. Posted items may be reversed due to insufficient funds, stop payment orders, legal process and other reasons. Certain balances also may not be subject to immediate withdrawal. We assume no responsibility for any loss arising from incomplete information or for any temporary interruption in our information system. If you are unable to access our system for any reason, you can contact your branch of account for loan and deposit information.
- Information Processing and Reporting. We offer a number of Services that require us to receive, process and report information involving your accounts and transactions. We will not be responsible for determining the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information that you or others provide to us. We will not have a duty to interpret the content of any data transmitted to us, except to the limited extent set forth in this Agreement. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, we will not be required (by means of any security procedure or otherwise) to detect errors in the transmission or content of any information we receive from you or third parties.
- Information You Provide To Us. You assume the sole responsibility for providing us with complete and accurate information in the form and format that we require (e.g., in connection with wire and ACH transfers). We are not responsible for confirming such information, or for monitoring or refusing to process duplicate instructions by you or your agents. For example, if you give us a wire transfer instruction that is incorrect in any way, you agree that we may charge your account for the payment whether or not the error could have been detected by us. We are not obligated to detect errors in your transfer or payment instructions.
- Your Instructions. You must accurately describe transaction beneficiaries, intermediary financial institutions, and the beneficiary’s financial institution in transfer and payment instructions. If you describe any beneficiary or institution inconsistently by name and number, other institutions and we may process the transaction solely on the basis of the number, even if the number identifies a person or entity different from the named beneficiary or institution.
- Your Review. You acknowledge that it is not possible for the Services to be totally free from operator, programming or equipment error, and that errors in processing and compiling data may occasionally occur (e.g., due to the failure of others to provide accurate information, telecommunication failures, or a breakdown in an electronic data interchange). As such, you agree to review and verify all results and to maintain adequate controls for insuring both the accuracy of data transmissions and the detection of errors. Unless otherwise required by law, our sole responsibility for any reporting errors caused by us will be to reprocess the information for the period in question and to provide corrected reports at our own expense. You agree to maintain adequate backup files of the data you submit for a reasonable period of time in order to facilitate any needed reconstruction of your transactions. (e.g., in the event of a telecommunication failure). If we are unable to provide a Service for any reason, we will take reasonable steps to resume processing as soon as possible.
- Reliance on Third Parties. Our ability to provide certain Services (e.g., in connection with electronic data interchange) is dependent upon our ability to obtain or provide access to third party networks. In the event any third party network is unavailable or we determine, in our discretion, that we cannot continue providing any third party network access, we may discontinue the related Service or may provide the Service through an alternate third party network. In such situations, we will have no liability for the unavailability of access. We will not be responsible for any services you receive from third party vendors.
- User Guides and Security Procedures. We will provide you with a User ID and/or passwords (collectively, a “Security Code) to access the Services. You will also be required to use our Enhanced Login Security feature. This security feature provides additional protection from fraud and identity theft by recognizing your login identification and your computer. We may also provide you with operating procedures and user guides (“User Guides”) in connection with certain Services. You agree to: (a) comply with the User Guides and procedures that we provide to you; (b) take reasonable steps to safeguard the confidentiality and security of the Security Code, the User Guide, and any other proprietary property or information we provide to you in connection with the Services; (c) closely and regularly monitor the activities of employees who access the Services; and (d) notify us immediately if you have any reason to believe the security or confidentiality required by this provision has been or may be breached. Our security procedures are not designed for the detection of errors (e.g., duplicate payments or errors in your fund transfer instructions). We will not be obligated to detect errors by you or others, even if we take certain actions from time to time to do so.
You agree that all passwords assigned to your employees will be changed on a regular basis, but no less frequently than every 90 days. You agree to change your temporary passwords promptly after you are given access to the Services for the first time and whenever anyone who has had access to your Security Code is no longer employed or authorized by you to use the Services. You agree to promptly remove from the Services any person no longer employed or authorized by you to use the Services. We may require you to change your Security Code at any time. We may deny access to the Services without prior notice if we are unable to confirm (to our satisfaction) any person’s authority to access the Services or if we believe such action is necessary for security reasons.
Each time you make a transfer or payment with a Service, you warrant that our security procedures are commercially reasonable (based on the normal size, type and frequency of your transactions). Some of our Services allow you or your Administrator to set transaction limitations and establish internal controls. Your failure to set such limitations and implement such controls increases your exposure to, and responsibility for, unauthorized transactions. You agree to be bound by any transfer or payment order we receive through the Services, even if the order is not authorized by you, if it includes your Security Codes or is otherwise processed by us in accordance with our security procedures.
- Wire Transfer Service. If you are approved for this Service, you will be required to complete and sign our Business Online Banking Wire Transfer Agreement. You will then be able to provide us with electronic instructions to transfer funds to third parties. You will receive a message that confirms our execution of your wire instructions.
- Automated Clearing House (“ACH”) Service. If you are approved for this Service, you will be required to complete and sign our Corporate ACH Origination Agreement. You agree to comply with the Operating Rules of the National Automated Clearing House Association (“NACHA”) (collectively, the “Rules”), as amended from time to time. You will be provided with the Rules annually.
You may initiate ACH credit/debit entries only with the prior written authorization of the persons whose accounts are affected by such entries. You agree to maintain a copy of each authorization for a period of two years following its termination, and to provide us with a copy upon request. You will not submit ACH debit entries to collect funds for checks or other paper items which have been dishonored and returned for any reason, even if such represented check entries are permitted under the Rules.
You agree to maintain a balance of available funds in your account at all times to cover your obligations for this Service. In the event that there are not sufficient available funds in your account to cover your obligations for this Service, you agree that we may debit any account maintained by you with us, or any of our affiliates, or that we may set off against any amount we owe you, in order to obtain payment of your obligations for this Service. We have the right to reject any entry if you have failed to comply with your account balance obligations. We will notify you by email of such rejection no later than the business day such entry would otherwise have been transmitted by us to the ACH operator, or in the case of an on-us entry, its effective entry date. We shall have no liability to you by reason of the rejection of any such entry or the fact that such notice is not given at an earlier time than that provided for herein.
You agree to pay us the amount of each entry transmitted by us for you through this Service at such time on the settlement date with respect to such entries as we, in our discretion, may determine, and the amount of each on-us entry at such time on the effective entry date of such entry as we, in our discretion, may determine.
- Book Transfer Service. Transfers between your deposit accounts with us are subject to the terms of your deposit agreement. You may instruct our electronic system to make transfers between your accounts at any time on any day. (Except for your Sweep account, if any. The Sweep account may be viewed only, and no transactions are permitted to be made by you to the Sweep account.)
- Online Bill Payment Service. If you are approved for this service, you will be required to accept and agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Bill Payment Service.This Service allows you to obtain information about your accounts and transactions, communicate with us electronically, and make payments to others.
- Bill Payments. You may make payments to others from one or more of your designated checking accounts with us. If you link more than one checking account to the Services, you must specify which account you wish to use in making payments.
- Eligible Payees. We reserve the right to determine who may be a payee of online payments. Payments to Billers outside of the United States or its territories are prohibited through the Service. Tax payments and court ordered payments may be scheduled through the Service, however such payments are discouraged and must be scheduled at your own risk. In no event shall the Service be liable for any claims or damages resulting from your scheduling of these types of payments.
- Initiating Payments. To initiate a payment, you must specify the name of the person or business you are paying, the scheduled payment date for your payment, the amount to be paid, and (if you have one) your account number with the payee. The first time you request a payment to be made to a payee, you must also specify the payee’s address and the number of the account from which the payment is to be made. We may modify the payment data or data formats to accommodate processing requirements. We will send your payment to the payee either by transferring the funds electronically or by mailing a check to the payee.
- Automatic Recurring Payments. You may use the bill payment function to arrange for the automatic payment of bills that have a fixed frequency and amount. Once your automatic bill payment arrangements are established, we will make the payments without further requests by you. If the payment due date for an automatic payment falls on a weekend or holiday, the payment may be made the following business day.
- Charging Your Account. When you transmit a payment request, you authorize us to charge your designated account on the date we process the payment (e.g., the day we process payment by an ACH entry, or the day we pay a check). We may treat online checks with the same effect as if you had signed them. You may not stop the payment of an online check once the transaction has been posted to your account.
- Scheduling Bill Payments. Our online system will ask you to specify a “Scheduled Payment Date” for each payment. The earliest possible scheduled payment date for each “Biller” (typically four (4) or fewer business days from the current date) will be designated within the application when you are scheduling the payment. Therefore, the application will not permit you to select a scheduled payment date less than the earliest possible scheduled payment date designated for each biller. When scheduling payments you must select a scheduled payment date that is no later than the actual due date reflected on your biller statement unless the due date falls on a non-business day. If the actual due date falls on a non-business day, you must select a scheduled payment date that is at least one (1) business day before the actual due date. Scheduled payment dates must be prior to any late date or grace period. It is your responsibility to request that payments be made in such a manner that they will be received in time. You are solely responsible for any damages, such as late charges, that may be imposed as a result of your failure to identify the correct scheduled payment date and transmit your payment instructions to us in a timely manner. To ensure that critical or time-sensitive payments are received on time, you should consider establishing scheduled payment dates (especially for payees that will receive payments by mail) well in advance of the payment due date.
- Canceling Bill Payments. You may cancel or edit any scheduled payment (including recurring payments) by following the directions within the application. There is no charge for canceling or editing a scheduled payment. Once the Service has begun processing a payment it cannot be cancelled or edited, therefore a stop payment request must be submitted.
- Stop Payment Service. You may stop payment on a check or ACH by providing us with timely, complete and accurate information on: the number of the account in question; the check date/scheduled transfer date; the check number (if applicable); the payee information; and the EXACT amount of the item (dollars and cents). If any information is incomplete or incorrect, we will not be responsible for failing to stop payment on the item. Requests become effective when we confirm their receipt and have verified that the item has not been paid. From time-to-time, the on-line system may be inoperable. If that occurs, your request can be communicated to us by telephone.
- Amending/Canceling a Transaction. Unless this Agreement or your User Guide provides otherwise, you do not have a right to cancel or amend a payment or transfer instruction (e.g., an ACH payment) once we have received it. If we attempt to reverse a transaction at your request, we assume no liability for any interest or losses that result if the reversal is not effected. Requests to cancel a transaction must be received by us in writing and must state the exact amount (dollars and cents) and full details of the transaction you wish to stop. See attached Schedule A for contact information. You agree to indemnify, defend, hold harmless and reimburse us for all expenses, losses, claims, actions, proceedings and damages we incur in effecting or attempting to effect any reversal. You are solely responsible for providing notice to the receiver/beneficiary that a reversal is being transmitted, and the reason for the reversal, no later than the settlement date of the reversing entry.
- Our Rejection of Transactions. We may refuse a transfer or payment instruction without cause or prior notice.
- Notice of Returned Payments or Transfers. We may notify you electronically, in writing, by telephone, or otherwise if any funds transfer is rejected or returned (e.g., by the ACH) for any reason. We will not be obligated to credit your account with any interest, unless the return is caused by our failure to properly execute your instruction.
- Unauthorized Transactions. We may process any payment or transfer instruction (including an amendment or cancellation instruction) that we believe is transmitted or authorized by you if we act in compliance with the security procedures (e.g., we obtain the Security Code) you and we have agreed upon for the Service. The instructions will be deemed effective as if made by you, and you will be obligated to pay us in the amount of such transactions, even though they are not transmitted or authorized by you.
We may elect to verify the authenticity or content of any instruction, as an alternative security procedure, by placing a call to any authorized signer on your account or any other person designated by you for that purpose. If we are unable to verify an instruction to our satisfaction, we may reject the instruction.
- Payment and Transfer Limitations. Banking regulations limit the frequency of
certain types of transfers and withdrawals, to include online payments and transfers, from savings and money market investment accounts. You may make no more than six (6) telephone, automatic, or pre-authorized (e.g. ACH) transfers from your savings or your money market accounts per statement cycle, including those transfers you initiate through the use of Business Online Banking Services. In addition, for money market accounts, you may make six (6) transfers, but only three may be payments by check to third parties or similar order.
- Transaction Limits and Safeguards. You agree not to exceed the Service transaction limits we establish from time to time for your account (e.g., in connection with ACH transactions). You agree that you will not allow anyone to initiate transfer or payment instructions on your behalf without proper supervision and adequate safeguards, and that you will review pending payment and transfer instructions prior to their submission to us to ensure that they are complete, accurate and properly authorized.
- Electronic Mail/Internet. If you send us electronic mail (“e-mail”), we will have a reasonable time to act upon any e-mail request or notice, and reserve the right to reject any transaction or request received by e-mail. You acknowledge that, even though e-mail may be encrypted, we cannot ensure that it will not be intercepted or affected by the actions or omissions of others, such as third party networks or persons with access to the Internet. As such, we recommend that you not send account data or other sensitive information to us by e-mail.
Your use of the Internet will be entirely at your own risk. We make no representation, warranty or endorsement with respect to: (a) information placed on the Internet by third parties; (b) the security or continued availability of the Internet or of any Internet web site, including without limitation our web site; or (c) the services, products or information made available over the Internet by others whose sites may be accessed, directly or indirectly, as a result of our Services. Our service providers and we assume no responsibility for viruses created by third parties, or for any third party’s unauthorized access to, or use of, your computer system.
You agree that: (a) Internet services are provided to you on an “as is” basis, without warranties of any kind; (b) we, our affiliates, Internet service providers, and licensors will not be liable for any errors, defects in, or the untimeliness or lack of authenticity of, any information provided over the Internet; (c) you will comply with all laws applicable to your Internet activities; (d) you will not transmit any information which is defamatory, abusive, or which may give rise to civil liability; (e) we may monitor your e-mail and Internet communications with our employees; and (f) our Internet Service will be subject to the additional qualifications and operating rules, if any, set forth on our web site.
- Cutoff Hours. A number of our Services are subject to processing cutoff hours (Eastern Standard Time): Cutoff hours for Wire Transfer orders are contained within our Business Online Banking Wire Transfer Agreement. Cutoff hours for ACH transaction entries are contained within our Corporate ACH Origination Agreement. The cutoff hour for Stop Payment Requests is 4:00 pm EST. Instructions received after the cutoff hour or on a non-business day may be deemed received as of the next business day. Our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Services may occasionally be unavailable due to needed maintenance or system/network interruptions.
- Limitation of Liability. Except as otherwise stated in this Agreement, we will be liable to you only for damages arising directly from our intentional misconduct or gross negligence in the performance of the Services. We will not be responsible for any loss, delay, cost or liability which arises, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (a) your actions or omissions, or those of third parties that are not within our immediate and reasonable control; (b) your negligence or breach of any agreement with us; (c) any ambiguity, inaccuracy or omission in any instruction or information provided to us; (d) any error, failure or delay in the transmission or delivery of data, records or items due to a breakdown in any computer or communications facility; (e) accidents, strikes, labor disputes, civil unrest, fire, flood, water damage (e.g., from fire suppression systems), or acts of God; (f) causes beyond our reasonable control; (g) the application of any government or funds-transfer system rule, guideline, policy or regulation; (h) the lack of available funds in your Account to complete a transaction; (i) our inability to confirm to our satisfaction the authority of any person to act on your behalf; or (j) your failure to follow any applicable software manufacturer’s recommendations or our Service instructions. There may be other exceptions to our liability, as stated in your deposit or other Service agreements with us.
We will not be responsible under any circumstances for special, indirect, or consequential damages that you incur as a result of our actions or omissions, even if we are aware of the possibility for such damages. Our liability and your remedy for actual costs and losses resulting from our actions and/or omissions, whether the claims is in contract or tort, will not exceed six times the average monthly charge for the Service(s) in question for the three months immediately preceding the cost or loss.
Any claim, action or proceeding by you to enforce the terms of this Agreement or to recover for any Service-related loss must be commenced within one year from the date that the event giving rise to the claim, action or proceeding first occurs. You agree to cooperate with us in any loss recovery efforts we undertake to reduce any loss or liability that arises in connection with your Services.
You acknowledge that our Service fees have been established in contemplation of: (a) these limitations on our liability; (b) your agreement to review statements, confirmations, and notices promptly and to notify us immediately of any discrepancies or problems; and (c) your agreement to assist us in any loss recovery effort.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries, and our respective directors, officers, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claim, damage, loss, liability and cost (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) of any kind which results directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (a) our actions or omissions, if they are in accordance with your instructions or the terms of this Agreement; or (b) the actions or omissions of you, your agents or employees.
- Arbitration. At your or our request, any claim or controversy that arises out of or relates to this Agreement or the Services will be submitted to arbitration in accordance with the terms of your deposit agreement with us.
- Statements and Notices. Information on transfers to or from your accounts will be reflected on your periodic statements and will be available to you on-line. We are not required to provide you with any other notice of the receipt, transmittal or debiting of wire transfers, ACH entries or bill payments.
You agree to notify us immediately if you discover; (a) any error or discrepancy between your records and the information we provide to you about your accounts or transactions (e.g., in a statement, confirmation, or electronic report); (b) unauthorized transactions involving any account; (c) a breach in the confidentiality of the Security Codes or User Guide; or (d) other problems related to the Services. You must send us a written notice of any discrepancy or other problem, including a statement of the relevant facts, within a reasonable time (not to exceed 14 days from the date you first discover the problem or receive information reflecting the problem, whichever occurs first). If you fail to notify us within 14 days, you agree that, in addition to any other limitations on our liability: (a) in the case of an erroneous funds transfer, you will be liable for all losses up to the amount thereof (as well as any loss of interest), that result from your failure to give us such notice or that might have been prevented by your giving us such notice; and (b) in the case of an unauthorized funds transfer, we will not be liable for any loss of interest that results from your failure to give us such notice or which might have been prevented by giving us such notice.
Unless otherwise agreed, notices required by this Agreement must be in writing. Notices to you may be mailed or sent to you electronically at the statement, email, or mailing address shown for you in our deposit or Service records. Notices to us must be mailed or delivered to us at Atlantic Stewardship Bank, 630 Godwin Avenue, Midland Park, NJ 07432, or sent via secure email through Business Online Banking.
- Your Records. This Agreement and the Services are not intended to relieve you of any obligation imposed by law or contract regarding the maintenance of records or from employing adequate audit, accounting and review practices as are customarily followed by similar businesses. You agree to retain and provide to us, upon request, all information necessary to remake or reconstruct any deposit, transmission, file or entry until thirty business days following receipt by us of the deposit, file, entry, transmission, or other order affecting an account.
- Termination. You or we may terminate this Agreement as to some or all of the Services, with or without cause, by giving 30 days prior notice to the other party. We may suspend or terminate your Services or this Agreement immediately and without prior notice if: (a) you breach any agreement with us; (b) the confidentiality of your Security Code is compromised; (c) we have reason to believe that an unauthorized transaction has taken or may take place involving any of your accounts or any of the Services; (d) you become insolvent or the subject of a bankruptcy, receivership, or dissolution proceeding; or (e) we are uncertain as to any person’s authority to give us instructions regarding your accounts or the Services. The termination of this Agreement will not affect the rights or obligations of the parties that arise prior to termination.
- Inactivity. We may convert your account to inactive status if you do not sign on to the Service or have any transaction scheduled through the Service during any consecutive 90-day period. If your account is considered inactive, you must contact us to have the Service activated before you will be able to schedule any transaction through the Service.
- Miscellaneous Terms.
- Agents. You will not allow others to provide instructions to us (e.g., wire transfer orders or ACH entries) on your behalf without our prior written consent. You will be solely responsible for the acts and omissions of such agents. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from any actions, claims, proceedings, damages, losses and costs which you or we incur as a result of their actions or omissions.
- Amendments. We may amend (add to, delete or change) the terms of this Agreement, the Service fees, and User Guides by providing you with prior notice. We may amend our security procedures without prior notice if immediate changes are required for security reasons or the changes do not have a material affect on your use of the Services.
- New Jersey Law. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New Jersey, without reference to New Jersey’s conflict of law provisions.
- Compliance with Laws. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations when using the Services. You agree not to initiate any wire transfer, ACH entry or payment that would violate the economic sanctions administered by the U.S. Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement supplements (and supersedes where inconsistent) the terms of your deposit agreement with us. Together, they constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the Services.
- Financial Review. You agree to provide us with a financial statement or information on your financial condition upon our request.
- Monitoring of Communications. You agree on behalf of yourself, your employees and agents that we may monitor and record your telephone and electronic communications in connection with the Services at any time, without further notice to you or any party to the communication.
- No Assignment. We may assign our rights and delegate our duties under this agreement to a company affiliated with us or to a third party. You may not assign any right or delegate any obligation under this Agreement without our prior written consent.
- No Third Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is made for the exclusive benefit of you and us. No third party has any rights under this Agreement.
- No Third Party Use. Unless you have our prior written consent, you may not use the Services to process transactions for third parties or permit others to initiate Service transactions on your behalf.
- Overdrafts. When you transmit a transfer or payment request to us, you authorize us to charge your account for the amount indicated. If your account does not have sufficient available funds, we may reject the transaction. Our allowance of any overdraft will not obligate us to honor future overdrafts at a later time, and we may refuse to do so without cause or prior notice. We may charge a fee for each payment or transfer request presented against insufficient available funds.
- Security Interest. You grant us a security interest in your Bank accounts to secure the repayment of any overdraft or other obligation that you incur under this Agreement.
- Validity. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be void or invalid, the remainder of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- Waivers. Any waiver by us must be in writing to be effective. Our waiver of any right will not be deemed a waiver of other rights or of the same right at another time.
- Confidentiality. Your right to privacy is important to us. In general, we will not disclose information about your account or the transfers you make except when disclosure is necessary to complete a transfer; when disclosure is requested in order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or when disclosure is required to comply with government agency or court orders or is authorized or permitted by law; or when you give us your permission. If you defraud us in any way, we may disclose any information we have about you to third parties, including law enforcement authorities. (See our Privacy Statement.)
- Other Agreements. In addition to this Agreement, you and we agree to be bound by and comply with the requirements of all agreements applicable to each of your Business Online Banking Services. Your use of the Service is your acknowledgement that you have received these agreements and intend to be bound by them.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement (including the Schedules attached hereto), together with the Account Agreement and any other Agreement pertaining to any of the Services provided, is the complete and exclusive statement of agreement between us and you with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior agreement(s) between us and you with respect to such matter. In the event of any inconsistency between the terms of this Agreement and the Account Agreement, the terms of this Agreement shall govern. In the event performance of the services provided herein in accordance with the terms of this Agreement would result in a violation of any present or future statute, regulation or government policy to which we are subject, and which governs or affects the transactions contemplated by this Agreement, then this Agreement shall be deemed amended to the extent necessary to comply with such statute, regulation or amendment. No course of dealing between us and you will constitute a modification of this Agreement, the Rules, or the security procedures or constitute an agreement between us and you regardless of whatever practices or procedures we or you may use.