Frequently Asked Questions
- What information should I know about Atlantic Stewardship Bank?
We’re a full service commercial bank with headquarters in Midland Park, New Jersey founded in 1985 with a specific purpose. The bank was established to provide a quality financial service to both businesses and individual consumers. In addition the bank was designed to Tithe or share, ten percent of its profits annually with Christian charities. Non-profit organizations receiving a portion of the bank’s earnings include missions, schools, and healthcare facilities. The bank also offers strong support to civic groups located where the bank maintains its branches.
Atlantic Stewardship Bank is a member of the Stewardship Financial Corporation. We invite you to learn more about the History or Tithing Program of Atlantic Stewardship Bank.
- How secure is my money with Atlantic Stewardship Bank?
As a result of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform & Consumer Protection Act signed into law on July 21, 2010, the FDIC standard insurance amount of $250,000 per depositor is permanent.
For additional information on the new FDIC guidelines, visit the FDIC website www.fdic.gov or call toll-free 1-877-ASK FDIC (1-877-275-3342)
- What are the changes in temporary FDIC insurance coverage for transaction accounts?
NOTICE OF CHANGES IN TEMPORARY FDIC INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR TRANSACTION ACCOUNTS
All funds in a “noninterest-bearing transaction account” are insured in full by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation from December 31, 2010, through December 31, 2012. This temporary unlimited coverage is in addition to, and separate from, the coverage of at least $250,000 available to depositors under the FDIC’s general deposit insurance rules.
The term “noninterest-bearing transaction account” includes a traditional checking account or demand deposit account on which the insured depository institution pays no interest. It also includes Interest on Lawyers Trust Accounts (“IOLTAs”).
It does not include other accounts, such as traditional checking or demand deposit accounts that may earn interest, NOW accounts and money-market deposit accounts.
Beginning January 1, 2013, funds deposited in a noninterest-bearing transaction account (including an Interest on Lawyer Trust Account) no longer will receive unlimited deposit insurance coverage by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). Beginning January 1, 2013, all of a depositor’s accounts at an insured depository institution, including all noninterest-bearing transaction accounts, will be insured by the FDIC up to the standard maximum deposit insurance amount ($250,000), for each deposit insurance ownership category.
For more information about temporary FDIC insurance coverage of transaction accounts, visit www.fdic.gov.
- If my Atlantic Stewardship Bank ATM or MasterMoney™ Debit Card is lost or stolen, whom should I call?
You should call our 24-hour lost / stolen service at 1-800-500-1044.
- If my Atlantic Stewardship Bank Credit Card is lost or stolen, whom should I call?
You should call our toll free 24-hour lost / stolen service:
INSIDE U.S: TOLL FREE Consumer 800-558-3424 Business 866-552-8855 OUTSIDE U.S: CALL COLLECT Consumer 701-461-1556 Business 701-461-0346
Enhanced Login Security
Your online security has always been a top priority to us. We have upgraded your online banking experience with Enhanced Login Security. This new security feature will help protect you against account fraud and identity theft. Provided below is a short FAQ regarding this new service. Please feel free to contact us if you should have any additional questions.
- What is Enhanced Login Security?
Enhanced Login Security is a new feature that protects your accounts from unauthorized access by strengthening the security of your online banking session.
- Why do I need to use Enhanced Login Security?
This free service allows us to identify you as the true “owner” of your accounts by recognizing not only your password but your computer as well. If we don’t recognize your computer – you’ve logged in from a public computer or one you haven’t used before– we’ll ask you for information that only you will know as an additional line of defense to prevent unauthorized access. With Enhanced Login Security, you’ll be protected from whatever computer you're using, whether you're at home or on the go.
- What is the benefit of adding extra security protection?
Adding extra security protection to your computer allows us to recognize your computer along with your normal login information. If someone were to obtain your login information and try to access your account from their computer, having the extra security protection will stop them from gaining access because they will be asked for information that only you know.
- How does Enhanced Login Security work?
Whenever you login from a computer that you have added extra security to, you will automatically have additional protection, and will notice no difference in the way you login. However if you login from a different computer than the one you have added, you will be asked for additional information in order to login.
You will need to add extra security to each computer that you use for online banking. This can be easily done from selecting the Enhanced Login Security link that is located within the User Options section of your online banking account.
- How do you recognize my computer?
When you add Enhanced Login Security to your computer, a secure file will be placed on your computer. This is commonly referred to as a “cookie”. This secure cookie is unique, and when used in combination with your login information, creates a unique way to identify you to the system.
- Can I login from multiple computers and browsers?
Yes, you can login from as many different computers and browsers as you like. If you login from a computer that you haven't added extra security to, you will be asked for additional information so that we can verify that it's really you. If you provide this information correctly, you will have the option to add extra security to that computer, and avoid being asked for this extra information again.
*Please note that if you use multiple browsers within the same computer you will need to enroll each browser separately.
- I share my computer with another Online Banking user. Will both of us still be able to login from the same computer?
Yes. You can use the same computer to login to your individual accounts. This is because your secure cookie is linked to only your login information. There is no limit as to how many secure cookies can be installed on the same computer.
- Why do I keep getting asked for extra information when I login from a computer that I have already added extra security to?
This is probably happening because the secure cookie that was placed within your browser is getting deleted. This can happen if you remove the cookies manually from your machine or if you have installed a Spyware blocker software product that will automatically delete these items.
In order to use the Enhanced Login Security feature without being asked for additional information at each login, the secure cookie that we use to identify your computer must stay within your browser. We recommend that you do not delete these cookies if you do not want to be asked for additional information at each login.
- What happens if I deleted my cookies and I do not want to be prompted to answer additional information every time I log on?
You will simply need to re-install the Enhanced Login Security feature. This can be done from selecting the Enhanced Login Security link that is located within the User Options section of your online banking account and follow the prompts to add the extra security to your computer.
- How is my financial information protected through the Online Banking service?
Protecting the privacy and security of your confidential financial information is a top priority. ASB’s Online Banking uses state-of-the-art security levels with end-to-end encryption. Like an ATM, your accounts are also protected with a password, which should be known only to you. To gain a greater level of protection, we recommend changing your password on a regular basis. Only you should know your private password, so you can be confident that your data is secure. Your software provider or Atlantic Stewardship Bank does NOT know your password information.
- What is encryption?
Encryption is a process whereby data is scrambled while being transmitted. When it is received, it is decrypted (or decoded) so that it can be read. When you are in an encrypted area of a web site, you will see a small lock at the bottom of your screen.
- Is a firewall another security measure?
Yes. A firewall is an Internet security system made up of hardware and software designed to separate internal computer systems and databases from the rest of the Internet. When data comes to us from our customers via the Internet, it must pass through a number of security checkpoints including a firewall.
- What do I need to use Online Banking?
To use Atlantic Stewardship Bank’s Online Banking you will need the following:
- Atlantic Stewardship Bank Account
- Personal Computer with an Internet browser supporting 128 bit SSL encryption *
- Internet Connectivity
- Is there a demo available for me to try?
Yes, we have an Online Banking Demo that is available to view. Follow simple steps to view our Online Banking service here.
- What can I do with Online Banking?
With Atlantic Stewardship Bank’s Online Banking you can:
- Check account balances and transactions
- Follow your ASB ATM and MasterMoney™ Debit Card
- Transfer funds between ASB accounts
- Access Payment Partner, our bill payment service
- Make loan payments
- View copies of check images
- Keep track of up to 20 different stocks
- Request change of address
- Initiate stop payments
- Communicate with us through secure Email
- Download account information in MS Money or Quicken
- What kind of accounts can I access with Online Banking?
You can get online account access to your ASB Checking and Savings Accounts, Money Market Accounts, Certificates of Deposit, and Holiday Clubs. Loans available for balance reporting and regular payments include Auto, Personal, Home Equity, Mortgage, and Ready Reserve Lines of Credit.
- What are the costs for Online Banking?
Our Online Banking service is free of charge for both our personal and business account holders. This includes unlimited access to your accounts as well as unlimited transfers between authorized accounts.
- How do I sign up for Online Banking?
You may sign up for Online Banking by going to the ASB home page at www.asbnow.com and clicking on the Enroll Now Button and following the Online Banking Registration instructions.
- Can I use ASB’s Online Banking immediately once I enroll?
No, you will receive an email after you enroll notifiying you that your online banking account will be active in 1 -2 business days unless there was information missing from your application. In the event of missing information, you will receive an email with a phone for you to call to provide the missing information.
- What if I need help with my Online Banking service?
If you can not find the answer to your question, you may contact one of our knowledgeable ASB Online Banking support associates' who can be reached at 201-444-7100 or 877-844-BANK Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
- How current is the banking information I look at online?
Your account information is updated every business day using the transactions that have posted to your account the previous day.
- Can I look at all of my transactions at any time?
Yes! With Online Banking, you have access to your account information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Except during scheduled maintenance or unforeseen outages.
- How much account information can I view at once?
The system will automatically show the current month’s transactions and information. However, by selecting User Options, you can choose to view the current month and the previous month. Or, you can select to view your account from the current date to same date of the previous month. The Online Banking service can store up to one year’s worth of data. You will only be able to view transactions from the date that you enrolled for the service. If you require account information prior to enrollment date, you will need to contact your local branch to obtain this information.
- Can I view my account details in more than one way?
Yes, you can sort your accounts by date, check number, payee, amount or balance in ascending or descending order. You can also use the check-imaging feature to obtain copies of checks.
- How can I use the check-imaging service?
This is a convenient and free service for you to obtain copies of your checks that have cleared your account in the last 90 days. You must have an Online Banking account to use this service. Once you have logged on, go to your checking account statement and click on the check number of the item you would like to view. You will be able to see both the front and back of the check. You can also print the images for reference by simply selecting the print option from your browser window. It’s that easy!
- What formats can I download my transaction history in?
Online Banking supports downloads to Quicken™, Microsoft Money™, or as a comma-delimited text file.
- Can I schedule future transfers?
Yes, by using the scheduled transfers icon within the account summary section of your Online Banking account. Transfers can be scheduled to occur in the future as a one-time transfer or a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly re-occurring transfer.
- How long can I be inactive before being logged out of the Internet Banking product?
The inactivity time out default is set for 10 minutes. However, you can define the timeout period in the User Options area for 5, 10, 20, 45 or 60 minutes.
- How do I change my password when I am told it is going to expire?
For security reasons, we request you change your password every ninety days. Periodically you may see this password expiration notice appear on your account. For you to change your password click on the User Options icon from the menu bar within your Online Banking account. Select the change password hyperlink to change your Online Banking password. You will receive a confirmation notice once you have successfully updated your password.
- What is Payment Partner?
Payment Partner is our online bill payment service.
- What do I need to use Payment Partner?
To use Atlantic Stewardship Bank’s Payment Partner service you will need the following:
- Atlantic Stewardship Bank Checking Account
- Atlantic Stewardship Bank Online Banking Account
- Personal Computer with an Internet browser supporting 128 bit SSL encryption
- Internet Connectivity
- What are the costs for Payment Partner?
SMALL BUSINESS ACCOUNTS - $5.00 service fee charged monthly for 10 bills paid $.55 for each additional bill paid. The first three months on Payment Partner are FREE of service charges.
- How do I register for Payment Partner?
• Visit our website, www.asbnow.com
• Login to Online Banking using your User Name and Password
• Click the Payment Partner tab
• Follow the prompts to begin using this product
- What if I need help with my Payment Partner service?
Many questions about Payment Partner are answered under the FAQ section of Online Banking, Payment Partner site. You may also contact Bill Pay Support at 1-800-823-7555 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Atlantic Stewardship Bank’s Electronic Banking Department directly at 201-493-2949.
- When I add a new payee to my bill payment account, how quickly will the change take place?
When you update the information for the bill payment account, the changes are implemented immediately.
- If I make an error in selecting an electronic payee and it results in a late fee, am I responsible for the charges?
- If you select an electronic payee with an address that is different than indicated on the payment coupon, then you are responsible for the late fee. You always have the option to manually enter a different address for a payee. If you select an electronic payee with the address that matches the one indicated on the payment coupon and the payment is routed incorrectly, we will take responsibility for the late fee. We recommend that you speak with Bill Pay Support directly to obtain details about the payment. They can be contacted at 1-800-823-7555.
- Whom can I pay using Payment Partner?
You can pay almost anyone in the United States, charge accounts, utilities, auto- loans, professionals, even a lawn service or a relative. If your payee accepts electronic payments, they will be paid through an electronic funds transfer. Otherwise, they will receive payment by a paper check sent in the mail. (Please Note: Payments can be made to alimony, maintenance or child support. You can make payments to taxes or other governmental fees or court directed payments but it is not recommend in the event there is a problem – it is very difficult to track down the missing check. Atlantic Stewardship Bank is not liable if the check does not make it to the correct people on a governmental level.)
- After I set up a bill for payment, how long does it take for the money to be debited from my account?
Your primary Online Banking account will be debited for the amount of the payment on the processing date you requested. You may schedule a payment out up to 1 year.
You also have the ability to set up a re-occurring payment to be paid on the same date each month. You can enter payment information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please be advised that you can only schedule one recurring payment per vendor. If you need to send an additional payment, you will need to enter the information manually.
- Will I see a check number on my checking account statement for bills paid through the Payment Partner service?
Depending on whether a payee accepts electronic payments, there may be a check number for bills paid through Payment Partner. A check number for new bill pay users defaults to 9000 for the first check. You have the option of changing the number to start anywhere you would like as long as it is 4 digits. Electronic bill payments do not generate check numbers.